Old March 4th 11, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elle[_2_]

Default Five Years After Broken Ankle Repair

My cat broke a rear ankle five years ago prior to my adopting him. A
veterinary orthopedic surgeon repaired it with screws and a plate. The
vet said to stay on the lookout for protruding screws over the years.
Recently a screw came through the skin. There is no bleeding or
anything. It looks perfectly clean. The cat does not seem sensitive to
the touch at the screw area (but who knows). There are no signs of
infection. He gets around fine, has a good appetite and seems fine.
Before we report back to the orthopedic surgeon for his opinion, has
anyone else had the screw from an orthopedic repair on his or her cat
protrude through? What was the outcome?