Old September 19th 04, 07:20 PM
bluemaxx

I hope someone can answer you because I've been meaning to post the same
question. My guy *just started doing something like this about 3 weeks
ago and he's been a member of the house for about 4 years now!

He'll jump up on me when I'm laying down and knead me with his front
feet, but he'll also knead my legs with his back feet. He hunches up
his back really high, keeps his tail down and quivers his back end once
in awhile. Is this humping behavior??? No other cat I've owned has
ever done this.

I hate to push him away because he's been very slow to accept physical
affection. And when I do gently push him away, he'll just start up
again in another spot on my legs. :\

Linda

"J" wrote in message
: I recently adopted a 2 year old tabby mix from the local Animal Rescue
: League. He is a great little guy and is fitting in well with my four
: year old tabby male.
:
: I noticed the other night as he was getting ready to bed down that he
: was kneading an area around my calf, which to me wasn't unusual, but
: then the little fella started to strangely move his back legs... It
: only took a nano-second to realize what he was doing (humping) and I
: gently pushed him away.
:
: He has done this another one or two times and this brings about some
: questions:
:
: He's neutered...I have never seen this behavior in a neutered cat in
all
: my years of owning cats..has anyone here?
:
: How can I modify his behavior so that this stops, without alienating
: him? I don't want him to think I don't want him around...
:
: meaningful appropriate suggestions are welcome...
:
: Thanks...
:

---