Old April 22nd 12, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Shoe Cat

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 19:30:19 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

I don't think I could do that. I even wash my shoes fairly regularly
while doing regular laundry. I take out the innersoles, soak them in
laundry detergent, scrub them with a soft brush, then wring them out, do
the laces, then wash and rinse the shoes, stuff them with old bath towels
to soak up the excess water, then air them out to dry.

Well, there's your answer. You've scrubbed away all of your scent, so
of course they're not interested!

I was going to say that I have a pair of sneakers that don't get washed.
They're for yardwork, so will always gain grass stains anyway. But
actually, they don't smell either, because they're only used once a week or
so, and only in warm weather.

I think they just don't find shoes very interesting.