Old February 21st 05, 09:58 PM
Joe Canuck

ElvisRocks wrote:

Went to see him this morning. He's on an IV. He actually looks better I
guess from the fluids but now he's weaker - and he's not eating. He ate a
few pieces of tuna and chunky chicken off my fingers but that was it. He
wanted to eat but it seemed like it was too much of a bother. My vet said
they did the IVP dye test and gave him a little more than half what the test
is supposed to be because it is a risky procedure and that his other kidney
is not very good - so he wouldn't be able to do the surgery - also that they
saw stones in his bladder but that the kidneys are the issue. In other
words, he got a death sentence. He said I can bring him home tomorrow - he
wanted him to be on the IV another whole day/night and then I'd have to make
a decision. Needless to say, I've been hysterical.
My thoughts are to take him right from the vet, who is in Phila anyway, to
the Univ of Penna vet hospital and get a 2nd opinion.
If they concur, then, I will still be devastated but I'll know I did all I
could for my baby boy. I am so heartbroken. I don't know if I'm wrong in
putting him through anymore tests & things. If I lose him, itll be three
cats in a little over 4 years. My heart is just torn out. Carol

I am sorry about your kitty.