Old April 8th 05, 04:44 PM
CatNipped

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

Come to think of it (and admittedly I don't watch television except
occasionally when I'm in a room with DH) but I haven't heard anything
about
color-coded alerts in ages!

There haven't been any, just vague and interestingly timed warnings.

Oh, I *definitely* agree that our government is trying to use that to
control the US population and forward its own agenda, I just don't agree
that their plan is working like they thought it would. Underestimating the
American public has brought disaster to both its own political leaders and
inimical foriegn nations from the Boston tea party to Admiral Isoroku
Yamamoto's famous quote, ""I am afraid we have woken a sleeping giant, and
filled him with a terrible resolve".

It's weird how people can have different perceptions of the same
situation!

I think it's because we see it in our daily lives -- security at the
office, the constant mention on the news (of course, now that's been
relegated to a distant place with the death of the pope and other
things).

I *never* listen to what the media today has to say - over the past 30 years
they have gone from reporting news to selling laundry detergent! ; The
more fear, controversy and outrage they can engender, the higher their
ratings!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--