Old July 13th 03, 11:48 AM
Sherry

Starting this part Monday morning, out of nowhere, both of my cats started
kneading me. When Jack wakes me up in the morning, he'll climb on any even
remotely horizontal surface I present. He'll knead my arms, shoulders,
legs, et cetera. He gives a pretty good massage! Rizzo, who still sleeps
in his own room, will get on my lap right away after I let him out, and

will
knead my arms and legs. Since neither uses claws, it's certainly not
bothersome. I'm just curious what would get them both started, at the

same,
out of the blue. Is this affection, or are they tenderizing me?

I always thought that was so cute. Yoda has always been a kneader. He kneads
any surface before he lies down, even laps. If it's a blanket, he re-arranges
it forever. The amount of time he spends kneading and re-arranging is usually
indicative of how long he plans to crash on that spot.

Sherry