Old July 31st 03, 10:08 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:50:53 +0100, "bewtifulfreak"
wrote:

"Mogie" wrote in message
I learned a little while ago to ignore Bob. His lights are on but nobody

is
home.

He certainly sounds intelligent enough, but when he makes blanket statements
like, "People who keep indoor cats are selfish or cruel," when many people
with indoor cats are completely devoted to their pets (I agree that cats are
naturally outdoor creatures, but am open-minded enough to accept that there
are circumstances in which it's better to keep them indoors,

There are, indeed, a few. There are some cats where health problems or
disability means that they have to be kept indoors. I know one cat
that has less than 10% vision who is normally kept indoors because her
owner lives near a main road, but even she gets to roam freely at
least once a week when he takes her over to his sister's house which
has large fields at the back.

and can be done
to the cat's satisfaction), "People only have problems with lactose
intolerance when they haven't had milk in awhile," (what about the fact that
we, like cats, don't have the proper digestive enzymes for cow's milk?),

Our digestive system is not perfect for any one food. Enzymes for
dealing with cows milk are in our bodies and our environment, but if
we do not drink milk for long periods then they die down to a low
level. Start having milk in very small amount, gradually taking more,
and most people have no problem at all.

In the UK most people continue drinking milk, if only in tea or on
cereals, throughout their lives. In countries where milk does not form
part of the usual diet you will see far more lactose intolerance.

or
"The only threat to wild cats from humans is the depletion of their
habitat," (how about hunting?),

There is VERY little hunting of wild cats.

it's hard to take anything the man says
seriously, because he's clearly too enamoured of his own intelligence to
consider that anyone else might have any opinions or knowledge of value.

All I can give are the facts.

Ann

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.