Old June 8th 04, 09:38 AM
Kristine Kochanski

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:52:11 GMT, "Sunflower"
wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
Hello,

My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!

My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a

domestic
tom, aged 2 years.

Thanks,
D.

There are two sure fire solutions! 1. Keep the cat indoors where he'll be
safer anyway. Indoor cats live longer and healthier lives and don't get into
michief that lead to them being harmed by upset neighbors. 2. Have your
neighbor garage their vehicle. They can't care all that much about a car's
appearance if they leave it outdoors for anything to happen to it.

Making all the neighbours build a garage (where exactly?!) probably
isn't a very viable solution ;o)