View Single Post
Old December 20th 15, 03:24 AM

First recorded activity by CatBanter: Dec 2015

Hey everyone, I realize this thread was started many years ago ... my heart goes out to the original poster.

I want to share my experience because as I understand it ... most people euthanize in this situation and they've never heard that they have other options.

You do have other options, but you may need to do your own research and learn some new skills.

It has been six months now since the harrowing night when my beloved cat Harvey suffered this condition.

I was pressured by several veterinarians t euthanize him. I refused to do it.

Using a combination of conventional medicine and energy healing, I had the clot on one side cleared within about 3 hours, and the clot for the other leg cleared in about two days.

He was still limping about three months later so I applied more energy healing. He began what appeared to be a self-initiated physical therapy regimen of shaking his right leg vigorously on a regular basis. He no longer limps and is able to jump to the high cabinet again (50 inch vertical leap) as of a few days ago.

I believe heart failure was preventable in our case. Unfortunately the very negative attitudes of the veterinarians we encountered those first couple weeks led to him not being properly treated.

Heart disease is often reversible in hyperthyroid cats, and had he been treated immediately for hyperthyroidism … I believe he would not have ended up in heart failure.

But … we did go through heart failure. It was awful, and we survived.

Harvey was down to a scary 7 pounds and we had a number of scares after that with his respiratory rate. He had way more Lasix than he should have had … because it became very clear to me as the weeks went on … what slowed down his respiratory rate was not the Lasix but the thyroid meds … He needed a higher dosage.

It has been a long journey, and probably we would not have survived it without the energy healing. I’ve seen miracles with my other cat as well, when we had a harrowing experience with severe kidney failure.

Both my cats are here today because I said no to euthanasia. Harvey is up to 10.2 pounds, no longer requiring Lasix or appetite stimulants. Indeed, the only meds he is on now are nutritional supplements (which should probably be used in all of these cases), and sporadic thyroid meds and ranitidine to deal with the side effects of the thyroid meds.

I truly believe that veterinarians could be achieving much better outcomes in straddle thrombus cases, if they were thinking more constructively. Of course, energy healing helps a lot.

I thank God every day that Harvey is still here and happy, with full use of his back legs …

Don’t give up. Learn some new skills. You can thank me later …

p.s. I want to add that hyperthyroidism can be the cause of heart murmur, and so may be reversed with proper treatment of the hyperthyroidism.

Beyond that though, in my extensive research, I learned that many people have seen reversal of heart murmurs with appropriate supplementation (e.g., CoQ10, L-carnitine, B vitamins, omega 3s, etc.) …

If heart murmur is the usual cause of straddle thrombus, then vets ought to be more focused on healing heart murmurs. But if your vet is clueless, then by all means, do the research yourself as I did.