Old July 10th 04, 01:41 AM
Pat

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Are you sure the ways you have tested his hearing he could not have

figured
out from sight? But he would have to be totally deaf to not hear and feel

car right there you would think.

He reacted to flies buzzing behind the curtains, where he could not see
them. I left him in the next room, he was facing away from me, I smooched to
him, and his ears pricked up and he turned and looked at me. I let him back
out in the yard, opened a can, and he ran to the kitchen looking for the
food. Several other things like that. I wanted to be sure he was not
reacting to something he could see.

Out Sam used to go out in the orchard to nap on really hot summer

afternoons
and we would have to go get him and bring him in. He would just be

totally
out.

It has been really hot here lately.