Old July 1st 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
M.S.

Default Sub-q fluids question/problem

I need help. I was giving my cat subcutaneous fluids (as instructed by
my vet) and the cat started to squirm around. The needle came out
about 10 seconds after I started the drip. Is it ok to re-insert the
needle? This happened about 90 minutes ago. I attempted to call the
vet but I keep getting a busy signal. My neighbor came home about 20
minutes ago and said there was an accident and someone ran into a
utility pole near where the vet is located. I'm guessing it knocked
out their phone service. I don't know. I just want to get this over
with because my cat was supposed to have these fluids two days ago.
But I don't know if it's ok to re-insert the needle.