Old November 12th 16, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default I do NOT spoil my cats!

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 08:38:11 -0500, John Kasupski
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 15:11:25 -0800, Joy wrote:

Your mention of purring in the ear reminded me of Herbie (RB). He was a
little love bug, which is how he got his name. My mother came for a
visit once while he was still fairly young. The next morning she told
me that she had wakened in the night to find that he was curled up on
top of her ear (She was lying on her side), purring loudly.

I had a kitten named Romper who did that to me years ago. I woke up one Satuday
morning hearing somebody operating a chainsaw, checked the clock on the
nightstand, saw that it was only 8:30 AM, and decided since I was awake now
anyway I'd go look out the window and see who the rude idiot was who was outside
waking people up by running a chainsaw at 8:30 in the morning on a Saturday.

Then I tried, and discovered I couldn't lift my head off the pillow.

Needless to say, it turned out the sound I was hearing wasn't a chainsaw after
all. It was Romper's little motor going full tilt boogie from directly on top of
my left ear, where he was curled up fast asleep.

So he didn't wake the neighbors?