Old October 10th 04, 12:14 AM
Sunflower

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
Don't adopt out any black cats until
Halloween is over. Someone may only
want a party prop and not be a serious pet
owner...

There is no need to ban the adoption of black cats before Halloween if your
group does vet references and home visits. If your group doesn't, then
consider tying to find the volunteers to get it done. We don't put a ban on
adopting puppies and kittens during the Christmas season either because we
do such an extensive background check. Yes, it's a lot of work, and yes,
it's worth it. People know we do these things and a good percentage of them
still lie to us. I can't imagine what the percent would be for a shelter
that didn't do any of the checks.