Old July 11th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Ticked off, but should I be? (OT)

Matthew wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

On 7/7 I wrote her a letter (Registered Mail) explaining the
situation and requesting all the paperwork from 2006 and for
tax-year 2007 back. She signed for it; I got confirmation two days
ago. Today in the mail we received all the forms from her. There
was a note included that said, "Sorry, all the paperwork is done. I had
a *meltdown* over some things that happened at home."

Believe me, I understand stress. (It feels like all I've lived
with this year.) And I understand depression all too well. But if
this is your *livelihood* shouldn't you at least have someone
return the calls to find out what your clients need?

I'm ticked off but I don't know if I should be.

Jill

Jill if she made any mistakes she is responsible for any problems it
will take civil court to get the monies

I use turbo tax for my business and personal than I would take it to
an accountant to make sure it was right. Most of the time turbo tax
had more right offs than the accountant could do their self. It
cost me 150 a year to do this 99.99 for turbotax and 50 for the
accountant
And yes I would be mad

Your tax person gets a couple of your files in .PDF form and she can
easily go back into her account and pull up the information I
believe turbo stores 3 years back

I haven't gone line-by-line through the 1040 form for 2007, BUT she DIDN'T
SIGN AS THE PREPARER (she did on all prior forms)! She typed in
"Self-prepared" (which is blatantly false)! I told Mom I'm going to take it
to a known tax service and have them do it. No way is she getting stuck
(either way) with a shabbily prepared return because this woman had a
"meltdown". Grrrrr.

Thanks for your input, Matthew.

Jill