Old March 27th 05, 06:56 AM
Pat

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Kitten number 1 was born at 12:21 and is black and white. The second
kitten was born at 12:30 and is black. Of course this is long distance
viewing through a camera lens, and they may have markings that we
haven't been able to spot yet. Sonya is being a good meowmie so far,
and we hope she keeps it up.

What a relief, for Sonya and you and Rob and your whole crew and this whole
NG!!

I bet your telling Sonya *not* to have the kittens and go for the world
record is what brought on her labor.

I do think they must be at least a little bit "overdue" so don't be
surprised if they open their little eyes quickly. I had a mama cat that was
scared of a new kitten in the house and she managed to keep her kittens in
for an extra week until I figured out why she was tense and locked the new
kitten in the bathroom for a day. She had the kittens that evening, and
their eyes where open on the morning of the 4th day.

I let the older kitten out of the bathroom once the kittens were born and
suckling, and before long he was batting the tiny babies around on the floor
like they were hockey pucks. Mama cat didn't object to that - go figure.

Later on, when the new kittens were about 12 weeks old and mama was trying
to wean them, this older kitten (8 weeks or so at the time the litter
arrived) who was by that time 5-6 months old, started letting the younger
kittens nurse on him....

Sending many strong purrs that the rest of the birth and rearing are
uneventful.