Old October 24th 09, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Gravity

Why on earth do cats - and I'm talking about Siki in particular - need to
test gravity so often? *Nothing* is safe from her, unless its on the floor.
If she can bat if off the table, the benchtop, the TV, the desk etc etc, she
will. It can't be an attention seeking thing, because she does it when we're
out of the room, and even at night, when we're asleep. (I've often woken up
to the sound of shattering in the dead of night). She could be sitting or
snoozing next to the object for hours, even days, and then something goes
*ping* in her head, and she has to make it fall off.

Pickle has absolutely no interest in such things, nor did Shmogg.

Is she just being critical of my clutter? Or is she testing gravity to see
if its still there? Why must she bat stuff to the floor?

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.