Old October 26th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Gravity

On Oct 25, 4:30*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
"Baird Stafford" wrote in message

In article ,
"Yowie" wrote:

snip

Is she just being critical of my clutter? Or is she testing gravity
to see if its still there? Why must she bat stuff to the floor?

I lived with a cat who had the same hobby, once upon a time. *I came
to the conclusion that it was "because things make such interesting
noises when they hit the floor," and "there are so many different
*kinds* of interesting noises."

That doesn't work in this case, she's profoundly deaf (being a white cat
with blue eyes.... also makes her very pretty). Perhaps they make such an
interesting pattern when they shatter, and the two-foots have such an
interesting reaction when things shatter :-)

"Howls of delight," according to some of my cat-friends on rpcc. If we
simply ignore them they will stop. Or they will destroy everything in
the house eventually.

WooToo knocks something to the floor now and then but it isn't an
obsession with her.

--
Will in New Haven