Old May 12th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Ear infection, Need somehting to hold my strong cat

Hi folks,
My cat, a VERY strong, 15-pound male, has an ear infection and I have to
give him two separate liquid treatments for the next ten days. Oh joy. The
problem is how to hold him still enough to be able to give him the treatment.
I live alone, so it's just me against a very strong cat. My only thought now
is to wrap a towel around him, but I don't have much faith in that. We did
that in the vet's office and three of us could not keep him still for long.

Years ago I saw a type of cage you could put cats in which exposed just their
head. They don't like it but it doesn't hurt them.. However, I can't find
anything like that. It has to be a frugal solution, as I'm unemployed (and
just spent $192 at the vet). Anybody have experience in this area?

I'd appreciate a suggestion. Thanks!