Old May 4th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default RECALL OF PET FOODS REACHES EUROPE (ALREADY!!)

Suddenly, without warning, sheelagh exclaimed (04-May-07 3:59 AM):
I think we should be told far more than we have been, & to my
knowledge there has not been a single reference to it in our
newspapers or T.V either.
It's a terrible situation & a complete shambles...No one seems to know
anything.. the personnel don't seem to have any idea of the the
recall lists, & the Brits who are buying this contraband haven't got a
clue about this either..
Not one single person I asked about this today, knew a thing about any
of it...Shame on us for not asking more questions about it & demanding
answers too!!

Sheelagh

No mention, except for one short news spot weeks ago, here in Australia
either. The one thing you're forgetting, is you don't have to buy food
from a Commissary to purchase US-brand catfoods. Look closely at your
Iams and Hills packaging - probably says "manufactured in the USA".
Here, Fancy Feast, Iams, Royal Canin, and other brands all have this
branding.

I'm aware of the recall, but the vast majority of Australians are not.
Was just talking to the checkout lady at the grocery store, pretty sure
the first thing she's going to do after work is go to petconnection.com
and make sure the large quantity of "fancy" food she just bought for her
cat isn't on the recall list.

Fortunately, 'pet mince' is easy to buy here - pet mince is a
prepackaged raw meat diet for your pet (you can cook it if that's what
your pet wants). Meep generally won't touch meat, but I'm trying again
to get her to eat the pet mince. Got her something with kangaroo - the
only natural meet she's ever showed an interest in - and liver, her
favorite canned food flavor.

Wish me luck! I've had next to none getting her to eat a wet diet, and
since all dry foods do have the added grains (seems to be mostly corn
gluten for Aussie brands), I'm even more worried about her eating mostly
dry food.

And what I want to know is: What other countries are buying this
adulterated 'protein sources' from China? I find it hard to believe
that ONLY the US has been buying this stuff...

jmc