Old February 23rd 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

Default Please consider being a "sponsor mom or dad"

On Feb 22, 2:11*pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
Untold thousands of perfectly healthy cats and dogs are euthanized every
year because there are not enough people to adopt them (and the primary
blame, in my opinion, is failure of people to spay or neuter their pets).

This makes sense.

I also think, education is key

if Americans could see the suffering up close, they would want their
pet desexed

so... we educate them, they see the need, but then, they simply can't
afford the procedure

so, education is one thing, and then, availability is another, or
accessibilty

something like that

FREE DESEXING TO ALL CATS AND DOGS

Mary, It is a huge problem
I see education as being the first problem
and, then, making it affordable.

we all know, that folk with money, have already desexed their pets
so... we should be honest with ourselves and say it's an education and
affordabilityi problem

i gotta go