Old February 5th 10, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default "Tweeting/twittering" (WAS: OT - Facebook Users? (Long))

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

As with Facebook, It makes absolute no sense to me to "Twitter".
I know
it's the latest greatest thing. But do I really want to have
everyone
comment on what someone is doing at the exact moment they are
doing it? Who
gives a rats ass if they are sitting on the patio, then they
decided to get
up and get something to drink? Do I really care?! Nope, I
don't. That's
why you'll never find me on Facebook or Tweeting.

OB Cats: Persia let me sleep in this morning until 7:05! She
was so sweet,
she came down from snoozing on the pillows over my head but she
didn't tap
my nose until 7:15. She just hunkered down and purred next to me.
Then when
I was stirring she made sure it was food time! But I got a good
nights'
sleep last night, which is a good thing.

Actually, the second paragraph of your post would be a typical
Facebook
post.

I like reading FB posts from RPCA'ers - probably because they're
often
about cats. And I like reading about Marina's cooking adventures -
I've
gotten some good ideas from them, too.

Joyce

So much so that I have to wonder if that second paragraph was meant
to be tongue in cheek.

I seldom post the 'what I'm doing right now' thing on face book
unless someone asks what I've been up to lately.

I enjoy it as a lot of my family members have pages. Its a way for
us to keep up with each other on a casual basis. Also gets a bit
interesting as the younger family members tend to forget that us old
folk are lurking there too.

It's nice being able to keep up with my brother's kids and my
sister's kids and their families. Also allows me to get to know a
sort of granddaughter and her kids who live on the opposite coast.

Jo