Old November 9th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default Questionz

butted der iz nofinta 'pologize fur, you telled it az you remfured it anna
da hoomin fized da mistakez anna now we all knowz which iz gud... diz here
story shuld be telled atta ball nezt year by somecat... Trudi
Ellie wrote in message
An I shurly apologyze fur thuh misinformashon. I rememfur Gretchen Marie

an
mizz hur, but had furgotten (or not bin aware) uf dat part. Nunthuhless,

ment well, effun tho Ize sumtimes a liddle dense.
Princess Pasha

"Stormmee" wrote in message
now diz iz hiztori wurth knowin, Trudi
The Clowder (South) wrote in message
"Ellie" wrote:

I fink thuh Walk wuz created by Mietze an Auntie Melissa tu honor thuh

ones
hoo hab gone tu thuh bridge. I *fink* dey thot it up all by

theirownselfs,
and dat dey wuz NOT asked by thuh groop tu du it, so it wuldnt be inna

faq.
Itz part uf hur website, much uf witch iz devoted tu da rpcc kitties.

no
dat my club, thuh HPCC, hazza paije dere, but Auntie Melissa, hoo

wuzza
club
sponsor, thot dat up on hur own tuu. Itz jist nice stuff dat dey hab
dun
fur uz wiffowt bein asked tu du it.
Princess Pasha, trying tu eggsplain but feeling dat sumhow she haz
missed

vital detayl

Not quite, sweetie.

Sorry to be so pendantic, but I can't take sole credit.

The Walk page *is* my work, from the in-rainbow-color-order of the
little pastel squares that repeat in sequence down the page, to the
little images of the bricks that I made in PSP. But it was created
after Gretchen Marie (RB) asked on the group seven years ago whether
there was a place where all of the Bridge kitty names could be found.
Mietze posted back that she didn't think so, and asked what GM had in
mind. They both felt that there really ought to be some sort of
permanent archive, and took their conversation to email...compiling
one list by adding the names from the first two Balls, which GM found
and shared, to the ones Mietze had on file from the ones that'd
happened after those. They thought it should be "sponsored" by one of
the kitty clubs, and GM was a member of the Back Claws Cat Club, which
didn't have a web page, so that was the one they went with. GM's mom
didn't know HTML, while I knew enough to design a page that wasn't
just a plain list, so the actual making of the page and keeping it
maintained was up to me.

It's also not part of my personal site; I didn't want the URL of the
Walk to change if I switched providers. I set up a separate site on
Geocities for the Back Claws Cat Club and put the Walk there. The
disadvantage is that Geocities puts ads on all the pages they host for
free, but not having to move the site and break anyone's bookmarks or
links seemed a fair trade-off.

Melissa

--
Remove the first m to reply