Old August 30th 04, 12:53 AM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
Cheryl wrote:

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.health+behav", Priscilla H
Ballou artfully composed this message
within on 29 Aug 2004:

They have to understand that they handed over responsbility, and
I've taken that responsibility!

The girl now came back, backed up by her older sister. She says
her brother says he found the cat, so it's his, and he wants it
back. I stuck to my guns, saying that when they gave the cat to
me they gave me responsibility for it.

This is very hard, and I may end up in a bad relationship with a
neighbor over it. But this sweet kitten is going to my friend
who's already in love with it, or to her friend, not to these
people who don't know how to treat animals.

Rough situation, but I agree with your first instincts, and to stick
to your guns if you can. Poor baby.. s/he's in good hands now.

My nextdoor neighbors just came over, because I called them to run the
situation by them. Susan says the kitten looks more like 4 weeks to
her, which had been my initial estimate before the vet on the phone
weighed in. They, too, told me I was doing the right thing.

Priscilla