Old August 18th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Need Recipe

CatNipped wrote:
I just found out a co-worker's grandson (6 months old) has cancer.
Her daughter is, of course, distraught. I'd like to make her a card
and bake some cookies to bring to work Monday. Does anybody (Jill?)
have a good recipe (something with chocolate)?

Chocolate Chip Cookies (my mom's recipe)

2 c. flour
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. vegetable shortening
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
3 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. peanut butter
1 pkg. chocolate chips (I used Hersey's milk chocolate chips)

Beat shortening, butter, sugars, vanilla and and egg together until light
and fluffy. Mix flour with baking soda and salt. Blend into shortening
mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop mixture, 2 inches apart, from a
teaspoon on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375F about 10 minutes
or until golden brown.

Recipe courtesy of Christina Brown McQuown