Old November 20th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Too young to catch mice?

"cybercat" wrote
"Christina Websell" wrote

Yes, he is far too young to catch mice. Kittens who have never been
taught by their mother may never "get it" entirely. They may catch them
as they get older but not know how to deliver that killing bite. It took
my boy 3 years or so of hunting outside to stop releasing live prey in my
kitchen. Fortunately the light bulb went on one day. I don't think there
is anything you can do to teach him yourself, especially as an indoor
cat.

You are also fortunate that your cats have not caught parasites or
diseases from those rodents.

Grin, actually Christina sounds familiar. Lives out in the country if i
recall right? I may be mixing her with another though. Was a lady with a
heated barn (cows and all that). Cat door to the kitchen.

Humm, now was the name Christina? Was definately a UK person on a farm with
cows and a heated barn. Some folks took after that lady for having 'outdoor
cats in winter' before they read on to see the heated barn.