Old November 21st 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Default Too young to catch mice?

Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:55:42 -0500 from cshenk :
wrote

[quoted text muted]
We got a kitten to catch the mice in the house. He's about 12 weeks
old or so. The vet has recommended that he stay indoors, so he's not
getting any practice hunting outside at all. He loves to chase the

Hi Meghan. He's too young. What will happen when he gets older is he will
probably scare the mice into finding some other place.

In the meantime, be careful about any mouse traps. Some of them can be
dangerous to your kitten too. Broken toes etc.

I would worry, too, about what parasites or diseases the mice might
be carrying. They are a prime source of intestinal worms, if I recall
correctly.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...