Old November 5th 03, 07:59 PM
Karen Chuplis

"Yoj" wrote in message
"Karen" wrote in message
in article , JBHajos at
wrote on 11/5/03 8:11 AM:

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:22:03 -0500, Takayuki
wrote:

You could have given me 10 guesses,
and I would not have guessed that it was a horse race. My third

guess
would have been tennis.

Hmmm, interesting. My guess was a yacht race of some sort.

Jeanne

I heard there was a scandal this year at the cup? I didn't catch what,
however. Anyone know? I love horse racing. It's the reason I got

digital
cable, though even that doesen't show much unless a big event is

showing up.
The Breeder's Cup was very exciting this year. I don't gamble and

can't
handicap at all, but I love watching them run and getting the

background on
the trainers and horses. I could watch it everyday. Good thing there

is no
track nearby I guess.

Karen

I never used to be interested in horse racing, mainly because I don't
gamble. However, after reading a couple dozen Dick Francis books, I
have become very interested. There is a race track within driving
distance of me, but I've never been. I understand there is a lot of
waiting around between races, and I suspect I'd get bored wandering
around by myself. I'd love to go if I could find somebody to go with
me, though.

Joy

I read all the DF novels about every two years. I love them to distraction.
I wish I could write like him.

Karen