Old February 3rd 12, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default Purrs for tomorrow's (Thur, 2-2-12) surgery, please

so fur so gud, OEJ fur herown still purring howzes
"Gandalf" wrote in message
My Mother made it through the surgery, and she has a brand new
artificial heart valve, that is working 'extremely well', with no leaks,
according to the doctor who put it there.

There were a few complications, during the procedure, mostly minor.

It took her a very long time to wake up from the anesthesia, which is
very, very scary.

Sometimes, people who are 89 years old just never wake up.

I took her there at 9AM, they didn't take her to surgery until almost
noon, and I wasn't able to see her, for only 5 minutes, until around
10PM. Long day.

She looks like she was hit by a truck. And then a couple of cars.

She is in the cardiac intensive care unit for the next 24 hours, or
perhaps a bit longer, and then will go to a less intensive cardiac care
unit.

She will be in the hospital about 4-5 days, and then will spend some
time in a rehabilitation facility, since she needs to be able to walk up
and down stairs, in her home.

Thank you all for the purrs and please keep them coming for a few days.
My Mother isn't out of the woods, yet.

Gandalf and Lorelei