Old July 7th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf

Default How to find a good home

On 6 Jul 2007 03:38:41 +0200, mylittleguy
wrote:

Going out of the Country and my cat is too scared to travel and the
travel requirements are excessive. May not return.

After ads in 3 papers and posters everywhere, all I could find for a
good home were people who just wanted to drive by and pick him up, no
questions asked. I require a home visit. I want to know what type of
environment this little special guy will have.

Does anyone have any ideas for finding a good home for a cat. He is
male, fixed, litter trained and a honey. But I am not going to give him
to just anyone, no questions asked. My only other option is a cat
orphanage which is SUPPOSEDLY no kill. I visited there and the cats are
safe, but get absolutely no attention and are very lonely, it is quite
obvious.

I think I may have posted this before and some said, call vets.
Knowing some of the vets here I question if this is a good idea, their
primary priority seems to be making money with animal welfare a distant
second.

Is there a Craig's list for a city near you?

www.craigslist.org

Free listing, and LOTS of people read it. Put an ad, with a picture, if
possible. a picture REALLY helps!!!!

Unfortunately, newspapers are dying out.

Maybe contact Flippy in Australia can help you: she has a HUGE website,
and many, many people get a daily E-mail, with a story about cats, from
her, so she has a pretty big mailing list.

I've gotten E-mails from her in the past, looking for homes for cats and
kittens.

Send her a picture, if you can. If not, a really complete description:
appearance, age, temperament, indoor/outoor, likes and dislikes, general
behavior, including food, immunizations, lap kitty or not etc., etc.

It's hard to rehome an adult cat, unfortunately.

Tell her Gandalf from RPCA gave you her E-mail address. (put it in the
subject line, at the beginning; she knows me :-)

http://www.flippyscatpage.com

She gets a LOT of E-mail; if she doesn't respond, E-mail me, and put
'cat needs home, RPCC' in the subject line, at the beginning.

My E-mail address is valid. Include the whole description, and I'll
forward it to her, using my 'real' E-mail address. I'm about due to send
her a donation to help keep her website up, anyways. She's good people.

Post on other cat newsgroups, and list the area (city) you're in, or
nearest to.

And post a better description: you want to get people's sympathy!

rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
rec.pets.cats.community
rec.pets.cats.health+behavior
rec.pets.cats.misc
rec.pets.cats.rescue
alt.cats

are the ones I have on my newsreader; there may be others I don't know
about.

You could try posting a picture on

alt.binaries.pictures.animals

And ask for help there.

Ask for help everywhere!!!!!

There are a lot of cat lovers in the world, you just need to find one
who will adopt your special kitty!

Good luck!!