Old March 2nd 10, 11:51 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jamina1

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

Vet said pet fountain - both my cats drink copious amounts of water,
I'm not concerned about that by any means.

Wet food would be one hell of a slog - he won't touch the stuff.
Additionally I work all day and I hate leaving wet food down because
they won't eat it all and it dries out and its a waste. I work 9-5 and
I purchased an automatic feeder so I could feed them smaller portions
less often - can't do that with wet food. The boy with the urine
problems currently weighs 20 pounds. Needs to be closer to 10.

Royal Canin and Science diet are CRAP. I refuse to feed it to him. I
have to find a natural alternative - he needs meat, not chemically
processed stuff flavored to taste like meat. I know Wellness makes
urinary formula and I currently have him eating Wysong. I know the dry
isn't helping but he drinks plenty.

I'm going to try apple cider vinegar and cranberry supplement. I'll
try the glucosamine - I remember that I tried that with my girl cat
who had frequent problems, she just refused to eat the treats.

My parents had a cat that had a penilectomy, so I'm familiar with it.
I hope it doesn't get that far because I can't afford a surgery. And
it would be such a STUPID thing to lose a cat over something as
trivial as this, and not fair at all. Its almost a year to the day I
had to let Sylvanas go because of liver failure and I couldn't afford
to save her.