Old April 7th 05, 09:49 PM
Laura K

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in
k.net:

You could do what I do, since Hodge has the same problem (constipation
from dry, diarrhea from wet) -- feed wet one meal and dry one meal a
day. He looks great, he got a clean bill of health a couple weeks ago,
and he seems to be doing well on this diet.

I split a can/pouch between my two for breakfast and then give them dry
during the day. They're thriving on it, according to my vet. In fact, Peaches
is over-thriving and I've had to switch to diet dry.
I tried giving them each a can/pouch for breakfast and they didn't finish it.
I previously had a cat who refused to eat dry. She wouldn't even sniff it. It
simply didn't exist for her. She'd sit there and watch the other cats chow
down on it with this puzzled expression on her face. So I fed everyone
canned, since one of the cats would overeat on dry.
The cat that wouldn't eat dry was the only one that had healthy teeth that
never had to be cleaned. The dry food fanatics all had problems.