Old March 24th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The neighbors' dogs

In the house closest to mine lives a couple and three dogs. Their yard is
not fenced, so the dogs only get to go out with the people, and mostly only
when they need to relieve themselves. I did not realize until the other
night that they are letting their dogs poop in my yard. I realized it
because I was out there and stepped in some, without seeing or feeling it,
then tracked it through my house before I noticed it.

I didn't know what to do about it at first. In fact it took a while to dawn
on me where this poop had come from, being that I'm not used to having
neighbors so close. I did already have to change bedrooms because the guy
walks the dogs every morning around 7 and is always shouting at them because
he doesn't use leashes. Also, they play loud music that can be heard in the
one bedroom I was using.

Having to change bedrooms I didn't mind much, but having to 'watch my step'
in my own yard is too much. I left a friendly note on the guy's car about
what happened and asked him to please not let them keep doing this, or else
clean up after them.

There is a leash law in this town. Those dogs should not be allowed to run
loose outside, no matter if the owner is nearby. If I keep finding doggie-do
in my yard, should I complain to the authorities, or what? I sure don't
wanna make enemies of the folks next door!