Old October 15th 06, 08:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Default Luna is under the weather :(

(((((Pam and Luna)))) We are purring for you, I hope your little girl is ok
and it's just a minor thing.

"Kitkat" wrote in message
om...
When it rains, it pours, eh?

Just 2 nights ago, when I got home and was hanging out with Luna, that she
was sorta sniffling...and she shook her head like something was bothering
her in her nose. I honestly didn't make anything of it and since it was
later in the evening, I went to bed and didn't give it much more thought.
Had another long day yesterday and got home with Tim around 10pm. Right
away, I noticed she did the sniffle thing again and then sneezed. I
thought, well, that's odd. Luna never does that. So, I was about to
mention it to Tim and tell him to listen for it and sure enough, Luna does
it again. The sniffle then the sneeze. Then she started licking her paw
and rubbing it on her face like she was trying to cure an itch or get
something out of her nasal passages or something! She seemed less than
enthused that we were home. Usually she wants to play when we arrive home!
Tim was a little surprised by it, too. Over time, she continued to do the
sniffle/sneeze/rub her face/lick her chops routine. So I decided I'd call
the vet in the morning. Did just that when I woke up and they had me bring
her right in.

She had no fever and nothing felt wrong as the vet palpated her organs.
However, she lost about 1/2 of a pound and for Luna, that is A LOT because
she only weighs a little over 6lbs to begin with. Also, her gums looked a
little pale.

So, the vet took a blood and urine sample and is running tests. She'll
have results on Monday. In the meanwhile, I am just to observe her. She
didn't want to put Luna on an antibiotic yet because she had no fever. She
wants to wait until the results come back from those tests and go from
there. She is concerned there is something else going on due to the weight
loss and the gums. I know she needs a dental and I have to be honest, I
have put it off. We were dealing with Dudley all this time and the whole
dental thing scares me. I know it needs to be done. Ugh. Why didn't I do
it sooner!?!!

She is still eating and drinking and somewhat playful if we really engage
her. She just seems a little more subdued.

Please think good thoughts for my baby girl!!! I can't go thru sick kitty
stuff again SO soon! It has only been just over a month since Dudley
died!!!

thanks RPCHB!
Pam