Old October 24th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default Can Kidney failure come on fast?

wrote:
I know this is too late to ask as Kira died on Thursday.

But I am still stunned and trying to figure out how we missed it.

First of all I am sorry for the loss of Kira

The nearest I've had was Fugazi, on Tuesday morning she was eating,
playing "King of the Catle" with her sister Isis. A few weeks before I
had thought she looked a little thinner than usual but she was eating
well and put the weight back on (I was new-ish to older cats then so I
just kept an eye on her anyway taking her to a vet would 1. Have made
no difference and 2, Been traumatic for her and the vet staff!)

Dave called me at work to say she had a funny turn and it worried him
so I ran home only to find she seemed okay had eaten some food and used
her box and as Dave had booked a vet's appointment for 5.30 the next
day and neither of us knew how fast cats can go downhill

About 8.30 Dave said "She's doing it again" Indeed she had a brief
period where she stood up looked dazed and how do I put this?! Her left
front leg did a perfect Nazi salute! Then she fell over but after a few
Minutes she was okay again and went to investigate her food bowl

By the end of the day she was having more and more of these turns and
getting weaker between them

We managed to change the timing of the vets appointment (Mostly by
changing the vet)

and just over 24 hours after she had been playing with her sister and
winning, I was faced with the news that she had inoperable cancer and
through she wasn't suffering (Vet said I could take her home for one
last night but I decided not to put her through the journey again (She
had been upset in the carrier) and I don't think I could have handled
taking her home, having Dave think things were okay when she came back
and then having to take her back the next morning knowing full well
what I would have to do) I sent her over the Bridge

Thye can go downhill so fast

And once again sorry about Kira

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs