Old August 25th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Communication

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:24:20 -0700, Stampir wrote:

Why is that? My family has usually had only one cat at a time. The cats
always seemed
happy. I guess w/two or more they have company and someone to play with
though.

It's usually held that two will be playmates; with three, two will gang ou
on the third. That may or may not be true: three may get along well with
each other, or two will be a team and ignore the third while the third
ignores them; on the other hand, two may never become friends, but they do
provide interest for each other.

Personally, I prefer enough so that there is almost always one handy for
lap duty. Until I got CJ, that took over a dozen - him, I can't get rid
of when I *don't* want a lap cat. The current count (indoor/outdoor cats
living out in the country) is fourteen.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).