Old July 9th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Confusing (likely bad) new info on Espy

"dgk" wrote

My vet says Espy doesn't have a heart murmur and that Espy was likely
just upset and it was transient. That sounds reasonable since neither
he nor the emergency vet Espy saw two weeks ago noted a murmur. But I
would think a vet at a specialty practice would also know about a
transient murmur.

This actually happened to me a while back. One doctor said I had a murmur
(mitral valve regurgitation) then another said I didn't. A third said it may
be due to instruments (stethoscopes) that are of varying sensitivity. In any
case, a murmur should not be a big deal.

Ah well, it's good news I guess. In a week or two we
take another look at the liver enzymes and see where we go from there.

Last night Espy ate a (relatively) lot of food. This morning not so
much until I broke out the Fancy Feast Elegant Medley. I think I'm
being trained to skip the healthy stuff and just go for junk food.

We love them so we are concerned that they eat the best quality, but the
main thing is that they eat. Their little lives tend to be short anyway, why
not give them what they want, as long as it is canned.

I'm going away in two weeks so things really need to settle down.

What do you do with your cats when you go away? We have a young lady across
the street who cares for ours.