Old October 7th 03, 09:42 PM
Joe Canuck

Liz wrote:
Yes of course we wouldn't want to leave out the fact that chicken by
product meal is MORE digestible than plain chicken and contains less
ground up bone tissue ? good point.

Excellent point. Lets all free feed our cats Science Diet for two
weeks and Wellness or Felidae for two weeks and weigh their stools
daily. Both Wellness and Felidae produce much less stools than Science
Diet. That´s how digestible they are. And this is something anyone
here can try at home and see for themselves.

What a task! do we pick off the litter that clings to the stool or just
include it in the weight totals? ;-)

Ok, I've been feeding my cat California Natural... food that claims to
be all natural and has chicken as the first and second ingredients. By
golly this stuff sounds good enough for me to eat. My cat eats it...
never been particulary crazy about it but she doesn't turn it down either.

Then I started feeding her a 75% California Natural & 25% Science Diet
Nature's Best. Everything changed around mealtime... she now meows for
me to fill up the dish. She now seems to try to ferret out the Science
Diet chunks from the California Natural. If I have no treats on hand,
she will happily consider the pure Science Diet Nature's Best chunks as
a treat.

The Science Diet Nature's Best has better calcium/phosphorus levels as
compared to California Natural.

If this Science Diet makes my cat happy around mealtime and is a
reasonable food as it does appear to be... I see no reason not to feed
it. Not only that but this food is available everywhere... and I mean
everywhere. I live in northern Canada and my choices are very limited...
but Science Diet is the best of those choices... without having to
resort to mail ordering food.

Are the stools increased in volume... don't know yet. She will have to
be on 100% Science Diet before I can tell for sure.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck