Old October 8th 03, 12:08 AM
PawsForThought

From: (Liz)

This philosophy of Hill´s (and some other companies)
treating consumers as morons infuriates me. It shows how much the
company respects their customer - nothing at all. They (customers) are
all a bunch of easily-manipulated imbeciles. So let´s go ahead and
launch the 15% carbs Atkin´s type diet even knowing it doesn´t work.
Who cares? We are making money and that´s all that matters.

Have you checked out Hill's newest "formula" called Advanced Protection?
Ingredients:
Brewers rice, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, corn meal, animal fat
(preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), dried egg product, chicken
liver flavor, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and ascorbic acid),
DL-methionine, L-lysine, natural flavor, taurine, L-cysteine, L-carnitine,
preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, minerals (potassium chloride,
calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, salt, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper
sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), rosemary extract,
beta-carotene, vitamins (choline chloride, vitamin A supplement, vitamin E
supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of
Vitamin C), niacin, thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin,
pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement).

Again, it looks like another grain based diet, cooked to death, and then they
throw some vitamins in. I still haven't figured out exacftly what dried egg
product is, and once again, they add chicken liver "flavor" but no chicken
liver. Animal fat could be from any source, who knows? Ah wait, I just found
this website:
http://www.hillssciencediet.info/DEFINITION.htm

Lauren
________