Old January 27th 07, 10:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Cats v.s. humans - contest of wills

mlbriggs wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:34:51 -0800, Bobcat wrote:

A few moments ago I went into the bathroom to comb my hair, but Emily
our grey bratcat had gotten there first. She was sprawled on the
comfy mat under the mirror, enjoying the heat from the radiator on
this bitterly cold Canadian morning.

Gently I booped her furry butt with the toe of my show, but she only
stared up at me and didn't budge. I shrugged, and awkwardly planted
one foot on each side of her and got out my comb.

When Emily saw me do this, she immediately rose and sauntered from
the room. A coincidence? I don't think so. I think she figured she'd
won this latest contest of wills. Cats - 1, Humans - 0.

I'm curious. Does this go on at your place?

No. If I walk into a room and find TuTu in my chair, I ask her
politely if I may have my chair. She politely gets up and gives it
to me. Then----she will usually jump into my lap. MLB

If I ask Snoopy politely if I may have my chair, the look she gives me
definately says 'sod off'. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.