Old January 29th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Cats v.s. humans - contest of wills

On 27 Jan 2007 10:07:19 -0800, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

On Jan 26, 11:40 am, "Will in New Haven"
wrote:
I think this
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...browse_frm/thr...
counts. If you google, you can find out why I have _two_ computer
chairs, which is even more to the point.
Will in New Haven

These days my lone computer chair is mine to use because these cold
days our darling tortie Martha, the sweetest cat who ever lived,
prefers the cat bed on the office table behind us because it's
directly over the warm radiator. But when the weather's not chilled
I'll often come in the office and find her sleeping on my computer
chair. In Martha's case it's not a contest of wills - she just likes
it there. What to do? I gently roll the chair (Martha and all) back
from the computer, squeeze a straight-backed uncomfortable chair in
front of it, and sit with my nose a few inches from the monitor. My
family sees me why I don't turf our Martha. My answer is always the
same: "She got there first."

A footnote: a few minutes ago I finished bathing and went in the
bedroom to get dressed. I'd left my favourite green sweater on the
bed, ready to wear today.

Martha is still sleeping on the green sweater. I'm wearing a red
sweater.

I let my answering machine pick up a call from my dad yesterday
because Stinky was sleeping in my lap.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War