Old April 24th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mrscomp4707 via CatKB.com

Default Cat meowing all the time

deja.blues wrote:
I have a cat that is 2 years old and meows all the time. Almost all day and
pretty much all night. We walk him reguarly

Would you want someone telling you to shut up if you had something to say?
Errr ok. You walk him regularly? How?

and we have tried spraying him
with water and yelling at him, taking him off the window sill, putting him
in
a different room.

If you did that to me I'd do more than just meow, I'd slash your throat as
you slept.

Nothing is working. I read somewhere that we should ignore
it and reward him when he is being quiet. Is there anything else? Is there
some way to keep him entertained? We have another cat and he is just fine.
Any suggestions?

He needs something that you can't or won't give him. If you care about him,
make the effort to find out whats bothering him instead of punishing him for
communicating in the only voice he has.

OK we walk him on a leash and harness. We walk him daily for like an hour.
When I say he meows all the time seriously it is for hours at a time. We have
been ignoring it. We have taken him to the Vets and they say he is perfectly
healthy. I am a stay at home mom and during the day I play with and walk him
and we play with him at night, he plays with the other cat we have. We live
in an apartment, I think he just wants attention but we are getting noise
complaints so whats your advice now!