Old June 9th 15, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default More Buffy Pics

On 6/7/2015 1:14 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 6/6/2015 5:02 PM, jmcquown wrote:

She's a real sweet cat. I just put a break-away collar on her. On the
off chance she somehow gets out of the house at least someone will know
she's owned. When I take her to the vet I'll have her checked for a
microchip - I've no idea if she has one. If she doesn't, she soon will
have. She doesn't seem to mind the collar (so far).

Jill

Even if she has a microchip, you may need to have it replaced. I doubt
if you can change the contact information on a chip someone else had
installed, and her contact information would probably go back to the
woman who is now deceased.

MaryL

I doubt she has one anyway. If she does, I really don't know how the
chip company would handle the situation. If I could get the
registration info from the vet and explain the situation the chip
company might not care... pet owners do die, after all.

BTW, she tolerated that collar for about 2 hours and then decided to
take it off. LOL

Jill