Old October 7th 19, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default The Big Loud Sucky Monster

On 04/10/2019 17:38, jmcquown wrote:
aka the vaccuum cleaner.Â* Hoover, if you prefer.Â* It actually is a
Hoover branded vaccuum cleaner.

I vaccuumed the living room.Â* In the era this house was built there was
usually a formal "living room" for entertaining.Â* My parents didn't
entertain.Â* They still built a house with a very large room which was
mostly useless and unused.Â* The carpeting was at some point changed to
white.Â* Oh gawd!

When I moved in I put my desk in the corner.Â* Right by the windows.Â* I
can see the hummingbird feeder from where I sit.Â* Turn my head, I can
see other birds at the birdbath.Â* I also added cat furniture and cat
toys.Â* And a cat. Â* First Persia, then after she died I adopted Buffy.
Â*It's mostly Buffy's room now.

Like most cats, Buffy is terrified when I bring out the big sucky
monster.Â* It's loud, it's scary.Â* Too bad.Â* Gotta get the wood scrapings
from clawing the heck out of the posts on the cat tree and ripped up
cardboard from the scratcher off the floor.Â* You're the one clawing this
stuff and spreading it all over over the place.Â* It requires the Big
Sucky Monster.

Also like most cats, she got over it.Â* She's free to start making a mess
again.

Jill

Boyfriend was very scared of the Sucky Monster so I only used it when he
was outside. The two girls I have now have been indoors all their life,
they lived in a tiny apartment and don't mind it too much. I guess they
got used to it as there was nowhere to get away from it.