Old October 7th 19, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mahoney, DC

Default A masterful BCT

There ARE cats who like travelling, but none of mine did. Friends had a
big white male cat, rescued from a snowbank as a kitten. They frequently
drove between where they worked and where their relatives lived, a
matter of 343 km (213 miles) one way. The cat just took it all in
stride. He didn't even need to be restrained in a carrier or try to take
off if they stopped for something. He was an indoor/outdoor cat, and
when in their original hometown, he was also an indoor/outdoor cat who
shared the house they usually stayed in with another cat. I've never
encountered such a cat!

Harri Roadcat loved riding in cars, but when we were all driving from
California to Iowa she apparently found riding with 5 other cats to be a
bit much. On the second day of the trip Nancy was driving the SUV and I
was driving the UHaul truck. We were in the middle of nowhere, WY when
Nancy pulled to the side of the freeway. I went to see what was wrong,
and she reported that she was down one cat. Everyone was visible except
Harri.

We searched the SUV carefully, and finally found Harri deep under
Nancy's seat. I tried calling to her and bribing her with Temptations
but she refused to be moved. I finally ended up partially disassembling
Nancy's seat so that I could reach underneath and pull Harri out. I then
took Harri into the UHaul with me, and she was fine for the rest of the
trip.

--
D Mahoney