Old June 7th 07, 06:39 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Karen R.

Default Can you save by buying Advantage flea control for dogs and usingsmaller dosage for cats?

Garret Swayne wrote the following on 6/7/2007 12:50 PM:
I've been told Advantage Flea control has the same ingredients, whether it's
used for dogs or for cats. The only difference is that when you buy
Advantage for dogs, the measured single-application doses contain more
(because dogs are larger and require a larger dose).

I do that, but I use a medicine syringe (no needle) instead of an
eyedropper. The amounts used are so small that it has to be calibrated by
tenths of a ML. One large dog tube does 5 large cats.

I find it easier to do this, as the amount squirts down so quickly and
with more force that I can do it in the approximately 1.5 seconds I have
before the cat takes off. :-)

I don't know how it holds up to storage once opened -- I got enough cats
to use up the tube.

Karen R.