Old June 7th 07, 11:08 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

Default Can you save by buying Advantage flea control for dogs and using smaller dosage for cats?

"cindys" wrote in message

"Karen R." wrote in message
ink.net...

I don't know how it holds up to storage once opened -- I got enough cats
to use up the tube.

-----------
Last year, we fostered a cat who arrived with fleas, so all of the (5)
cats in the family needed to be treated. The veterinarian gave me a tube
of Revolution for each cat. One of the cats was too quick for me, and I
was unable to treat her (after I had already snipped the top off the
tube). I went to try again later, and the Revolution had totally
evaporated. So, I think evaporation is the issue rather than a concern
that the active ingredient will go bad or deactivate when exposed to air.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

The lesson is: First catch the cat, then open the tube........