Old September 8th 12, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mack A. Damia

Default Fleas!

Hello cat lovers!

Pookie adopted me almost two years ago; somebody dropped a litter of
kittens in a box off in our small community, and she made it through
several fences and a closed-in porch to my place. She picked the
right place.

This is the first summer I have noticed that she is having a very
definite problem with fleas, amnd I am not even certain where she is
getting them. She is strictly a house cat, although a have a
screened-in porch that she goes on.

I have tried everything - a flea collar (doesn't do a thing) Frontline
(seems to be water) and last week, the groomer put a stronger lotion
on her - supposed to last a month. She is covered with fleas and very
unhappy. So am I.

I have taken her to the groomer several times for a bath, and that is
the only time she seems to be free of them - for a couple of days.
While she is at the groomers, I fumigate the house with bombs and
sprays. Doesn't seem to help one bit.

I know she is upset because she hides from me. I can see them on her
face and cannot even pick the little devils off! I live in a warm
climate, and I am hoping that the fleas will abate as the weather
becomes cooler. As I said, this is the first summer season I have
noticed the problem.

Any advice and help with be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I am upset
because I think she is in misery.