Old September 8th 12, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mack A. Damia

Default Fleas!

Thanks, there is a concrete path outside the screened-in porch, so I
don't know how the borax soap or cedar chips will work out. She's
here now and seems to be sleeping comfortably, although I think they
bother her periodically. Don't understand why the Frontline doesn't
work. I'll take her to the groomer again next week for a bath and
fumigate as you have advised. Thanks again, much appreciated.

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 22:06:22 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

outside you screen porch take some borax soap and spread on the outside of
the screen porch. you can use cedar chips also around the base

clean the screen porch make sure any fabrics and any place the fleas can hid
and multiply. Frontline advantage I have never had a problem yet. Dont
use flea collars they are worthless and can poison them.

You can also bring the fleas in on your clothes.

You have to bomb 10 days after you do the first bomb the eggs will hatch.
Do a good vacuuming and get rid of the bag dont reuse.

"Mack A. Damia" wrote in message
.. .

Hello cat lovers!

Pookie adopted me almost two years ago; somebody dropped a litter of
kittens in a box off in our small community, and she made it through
several fences and a closed-in porch to my place. She picked the
right place.

This is the first summer I have noticed that she is having a very
definite problem with fleas, amnd I am not even certain where she is
getting them. She is strictly a house cat, although a have a
screened-in porch that she goes on.

I have tried everything - a flea collar (doesn't do a thing) Frontline
(seems to be water) and last week, the groomer put a stronger lotion
on her - supposed to last a month. She is covered with fleas and very
unhappy. So am I.

I have taken her to the groomer several times for a bath, and that is
the only time she seems to be free of them - for a couple of days.
While she is at the groomers, I fumigate the house with bombs and
sprays. Doesn't seem to help one bit.

I know she is upset because she hides from me. I can see them on her
face and cannot even pick the little devils off! I live in a warm
climate, and I am hoping that the fleas will abate as the weather
becomes cooler. As I said, this is the first summer season I have
noticed the problem.

Any advice and help with be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I am upset
because I think she is in misery.