Old August 8th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default For all you sci fi freaks

On Aug 8, 3:56*pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

* I was referring to BBC as a generic term, much as "Xerox" is used as a
* generic term for all copies, regardless of the actual machine used to
* copy them. *Sorry about that.

I don't follow this. I understand that "xerox" as a generic means a
copy, or "to copy" (as a verb). But what does "BBC" as a generic mean?
Any foreign (to the US) tv network? Any UK network?

--
Joyce * ^..^

Nope, I meant BBC as any UK network generic. I knew there other
networks in the UK, but I tend to refer to most (if not all) UK shows
as BBC shows, even if they aren't (as is the case with Primaeval).