Old March 20th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

On 2006-03-20, penned:

For our friends in all the other countries -- what is the attitude
toward smoking there? Do many people still smoke? Is it banned in
restaurants, public buildings, hotels and such? Thanks for the
info.--I was just curious.

When I was in Germany a couple of years ago, I was really grossed out
by people lighting up in restaurants. Granted, I am spoiled here in
Boulder, where smoking is banned in public facilities ... I love being
able to go to an indoor concert and not stink of smoke when I come
out. I love going to a restaurant and not worrying that someone will
light up (and sorry, but I've never been in a non-smoking section that
helped much when there were people smoking elsewhere -- it would have
to be an entirely separate room with closed doors!).

But I think it was about the same in Germany as in places in the US
where smoking isn't banned.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

pictures: